Thursday, June 07, 2007

Kendo photos

Most of you who read this blog know that I do kendo, but for the benefit of those who don't, I've uploaded some shots of training this past Monday at NUS. It was also another attempt by me to take kendo photos, which I consider to be the toughest subject for me to take photos of.

My apologies for the blurry photos, I was trying to avoid using the flash because I didn't want to disturb the training.
















Putting on the men (head armour) at the start of practice.















But first the tenegui (towel) goes on before that to absorb sweat.























Finally the men goes on.


















Nicholas briefing the group before starting training.















Training starts with some men uchi (strikes to the top of the head armour).















It's really hard to catch moving kendoka (kendo practitioner) on camera, these are some of the 'ok' shots.
















Zibin landing a strike on Kitt.

















My best shot of the day. Kitt striking Zhen Yuan's men.
















Zhen Yuan and Zibin having a go at each other during jigeiko (free practice).














Kitt attempting a men kaeshi dou off Zibin.

















Clean men uchi by Kitt.
















And to end things off, just a wallpaper I made sometime back from a photo I took.

Will probably be uploading a few shots from the Inter-Zone games day next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home